Saturday, April 28, 2012

You made a difference

Christina's Crew 2012

I know the most amazing, generous and supportive people in the world.
My fundraising goal this year was a big $2000. Significant because it is the cost of my MS medication. For one month. The first year I did an MS walk team I think my goal was $200. I didn't want to bother people or set my hopes up too high. This year my friends, family and loved ones raised.....over $4300!
I am in complete awe. Young kids did lemonaid stands to raise money. Friends asked their own familiy members to donate instead of giving birthday presents.  Our team came in 2nd place for fundraising (behind a corporate team) in the Boise area. What a difference this is going to make in the lives of those affected by MS. A difference like:

  • Local grants towards wellness-related expenses (cooling devices, physical therapy etc.)
  • Scholarships for those with MS or who have a parent with MS
  • Research towards finding a cure
Every time someone made a donation, joined my team or sent me an encouraging note it made me so teary and emotional. I feel that each person who made that choice for me is now more aware of MS. It makes them more committed to helping find a cure. My goal is to take it from a chronic disease to a cured disease.

The day of the walk couldn't have been more beautiful. A sunny 80 degree day surrounded by my loved ones. I had one of the largest teams with nearly 50 people. Many kiddos and even a dog were in the mix. New friends, long time friends, family...life doesn't get much better. I was interviewed by Channel 2 news as a follow up to the first story they did on my diagnoses 2 years ago. It was live and I didn't remember to record it though. The MS society is supposed to send me a copy if they get one so I will post it then.

Front line supporters

Teagan

The Cromwell family!

Tim, April (with soon to arrive baby boy), Teagan and Terri

Hadley and Blake

Yaka and Ella
Kai taking a seat on Anderson
Kona


This is my long time friend April (Dr. April!) who played a big role in encouraging me to get an MRI when I started having my first MS symptoms. She brought me the most practical (inside joke) and beautiful bouquet of flowers. It made me feel like an MS princess.

I was sad to not have Eliza there with us, but she was happily at her soccer game with great Grandma Doris.

Thank you for your generosity, support and for joining the fight against MS.

No comments: