Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My "bud-dy"

A few days ago my friend Claire asked me what Anderson was really into lately. I thought for a second and told her he likes to throw things and play with balls and trucks. What I should have honestly said was...holding a beer. Holding a beer, passing out beers and sharing with his friends. Pretty cute when he first did this at our friend's BBQ in April.




Then he did it again at Mike's graduation in Moscow a few weeks ago and we all thought it was funny.

This past weekend we went to our family cabin and guess what!!!
He immediately begged to get into the cooler we leave on the porch so he could pick out his loyal blue friend. He carried it around ALL weekend long. Begging and crying until the chilled can was tight in his arms.
 It was with him while he watched his Dad chop wood.
Mow the lawn.

It went on wagon rides.

Long talks with his sister.

Playing around with Dad's hat. Or is this Lucas passed out yet again?

Sometimes he pretended to drink it. Complete with an "Ahhhhh" at the end.


He even made it several times around a tree

I couldn't stop thinking back to when I was a kid and this was one of the most popular toy commercials:
My Buddy. Raise your hand if you remember that one! It was so awesome to think of having a toy that could go everywhere with you. Now I know there is a smaller and cheaper alternative for kids.

I promise that we did other things besides letting the kids carry alcohol around.

We did go mushroom hunting but the only thing we found was:


Some cute kiddos too. 

We also ate some wonderful meals in the dutch oven. One of my favorite chicken dishes and cinnamon sugar monkey bread for dessert.


S'mores were of course on the menu the other nights.


After all the eating we did have to plan a hike on our favorite trails to do with the kids.



New habits were confirmed, old traditions were performed and overall a very good weekend for our family.




No comments: