Friday, January 28, 2011

Apples to Apples


Anderson - 6 months
 I would say I'm a pretty sentimental person, especially when it comes to pictures. One thing I love about having kids born on almost the same day, is comparing their growth and milestones through photos. Do they look the same at their first Christmas? Do we have a photo of them doing the exact same thing...looking the same way?
   

Eliza - 6 months

We started feeding solids to Anderson this last month. This event comes with mixed feelings for me. I hate seeing my baby grow up and I am partial to the one food item feeding plan a.k.a. milk. Once I get started though, I realize how much fun it is to introduce new foods! I even enjoy making my own baby food. Eliza was a great eater from the start and can still eat like a truck driver at times so I thought this first feeding would be so easy!
Well, not so fast.
Anderson acted like I was trying to feed him a sour pickle. He wrinkled up his nose and between his drool and tongue pushed all the food out. I tried to entice him with my favorite Honeycrisp apple (EVERYONE loves these!) pureed with the all familiar breastmilk.
Nope.
This went on for the next several feedings. I had to suck it up and take the parenting advice I give out and back off for a bit. He is now doing great and the proof that he is surviving is all here:

Anderson vs. Eliza's doll - 2 months

Anderson vs. Eliza's doll - 6 months


1 comment:

Shem the Wrench said...

Love-love-love it! I keep wanting to do a post with the girls wearing the same outfits. Now I want to more than ever. Too sweet, you wonderful mama.